Tuesday, March 13, 2012
OK so Inedible Jewelry is AMAZING, to say they least:) Foe most of you who do not know who Inedible Jewelry, they are sisters in Charlottesville, who make amazing "Inedible Jewelry" I love their work so much, because they are so talented. They Inspire me so much:):) Check them out on etsy, They totally inspired me!:)
Ok so i am going a little bit off topic today, but i just had to share this because it is so cool!:) ENJOY!!:)
OW WHAT A LITTLE GEM THE CUCUMBER IS, I WILL LOOK AT IT DIFFERENTLY NOW.
1. Cucumbers contain most of the vitamins you need every day, just one cucumber contains Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B3, Vitamin B5, Vitamin B6, Folic Acid, Vitamin C, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium and Zinc.
2. Feeling tired in the afternoon, put down the caffeinated soda and pick up a cucumber. Cucumbers are a good source of B Vitamins and Carbohydrates that can provide that quick pick-me-up that can last for hours.
3. Tired of your bathroom mirror fogging up after a shower? Try rubbing a cucumber slice along the mirror, it will eliminate the fog and provide a soothing, spa-like fragrance.
4. Are grubs and slugs ruining your planting beds? Place a few slices in a small pie tin and your garden will be free of pests all season long. The chemicals in the cucumber react with the aluminum to give off a scent undetectable to humans but drive garden pests crazy and make them flee the area.
5 Looking for a fast and easy way to remove cellulite before going out or to the pool? Try rubbing a slice or two of cucumbers along your problem area for a few minutes, the phytochemicals in the cucumber cause the collagen in your skin to tighten, firming up the outer layer and reducing the visibility of cellulite. Works great on wrinkles too!!!
6.. Want to avoid a hangover or terrible headache? Eat a few cucumber slices before going to bed and wake up refreshed and headache free. Cucumbers contain enough sugar, B vitamins and electrolytes to replenish essential nutrients the body lost, keeping everything in equilibrium, avoiding both a hangover and headache!!
7. Looking to fight off that afternoon or evening snacking binge? Cucumbers have been used for centuries and often used by European trappers, traders and explores for quick meals to thwart off starvation.
8. Have an important meeting or job interview and you realize that you don't have enough time to polish your shoes? Rub a freshly cut cucumber over the shoe, its chemicals will provide a quick and durable shine that not only looks great but also repels water.
9. Out of WD 40 and need to fix a squeaky hinge? Take a cucumber slice and rub it along the problematic hinge, and voila, the squeak is gone!
10. Stressed out and don't have time for massage, facial or visit to the spa? Cut up an entire cucumber and place it in a boiling pot of water, the chemicals and nutrients from the cucumber with react with the boiling water and be released in the steam, creating a soothing, relaxing aroma that has been shown the reduce stress in new mothers and college students during final exams.
11. Just finish a business lunch and realize you don't have gum or mints? Take a slice of cucumber and press it to the roof of your mouth with your tongue for 30 seconds to eliminate bad breath, the phytochemcials will kill the bacteria in your mouth responsible for causing bad breath.
12. Looking for a 'green' way to clean your faucets, sinks or stainless steel? Take a slice of cucumber and rub it on the surface you want to clean, not only will it remove years of tarnish and bring back the shine, but is won't leave streaks and won't harm you fingers or fingernails while you clean.
13. Using a pen and made a mistake? Take the outside of the cucumber and slowly use it to erase the pen writing, also works great on crayons and markers that the kids have used to decorate the walls!!
Tuesday, March 6, 2012
Hey everyone, so i think i am back in posting mode, forgive me for not posting very often:) Here are some recent pictures of what has been cooking lately, St. Patty's coffee cups, Cake pops, Chocolate chip ice cream cone necklaces, and the order for my store (On the display, ENJOY!!:)
Sunday, March 4, 2012
Ok so I have been extremely busy so i apologize for my lack of posting:) So I have had a lot of exciting things going on:) I have been organizing and putting together my new work studio, that i will be posting pictures of soon, and i have been busy at work with tons of orders:) Oh, and the most exciting thing of all is that i am now selling in stores!!!!! AHHH this is a really big deal for me and i am so excited! I am selling at Puddleduds children's clothing store, and i am super excited! So i have to go now, but more posts are coming soon (hopefully tomorrow):)
Thursday, January 26, 2012
Hey guys! So whats cooking today??:) Bowls, and bowls of cheerios, which are really fun to make:) Ooey gooey Cinnamon rolls YUM! (But very messy:) Chocolate covered bananas, Spoon fulls of cookie dough YUMEEE!!!! Oh and little california rolls!!! These are some of my favorite ones to make:) Which one is your favorite?
Wednesday, January 25, 2012
I have some very exciting news!! As you know my business is based in AZ...:) Wellll..... My family owns some properties out in CO. This summer my family is opening Vintage Finds Boutique, in one of our empty buildings! I get to be one of the vendors!!! The main idea with this, is that my mom is going to sell all of the old antiques that my grandparents hoarded in their many storage facilities and sell them. She said that me, my sis and brother can set up a shop on one of the 3 floors. We are only going to be open for a month though, because you know we have to get back to AZ. So we are going to be out there the entire moth of August! So our summer is going to be very very busy! First I am going with my dad to Kansas to visit some of our family that lives there, then I am going to summer camp at Kanakuk Kwest in Lampe Missouri! Please check out kanakuk.com for more details on this AMAZING summer camp!:) Then I get back on June 17 and coming home for like 1 day and then maybe driving to San Diego for a week, then coming home for 2 days, then going to Colorado for the 4th of July, and will be there for only 2 weeks, just getting the shop ready to open in August. Then we all come back for like 2 more days, and then drive out to Newport Beach, CA and we will be there for 2 weeks.... THEN!!!! We are coming home and only have maybe a few days to get everything packed for CO, and move out to CO for a month to run our Boutique!!!! AAAAAHHHHHH!!!! I am barely going to be home this summer!!!! I am soooooo excited!!!! I will keep you all updated, but this is a great way to get my name of my business out there!!!